Skinnergate Cycles have been synonymous with cycling in the North East for over 35 years, we pride ourselves in delivering unbeatable customer satisfaction. We’re a privately owned local business and therefore have a much more hands on approach to how we operate. Collectively our staff have over 50 years experience in the cycle trade - we just like riding and talking about bikes!
We have two stores - Stockton and Middlesbrough. The Stockton branch is our flagship store with over 150 bikes on display, a large selection of clothing, helmets, shoes and bicycle components and accessories. Our store in Middlesbrough is smaller in size, but still boasts a large range of bikes, components and accessories. Both stores have full workshop facilities with experienced bicycle mechanics. Having the two stores means we're big enough to carry everything from your child’s first bike all the way up to an elite race bike and everything in between, making us your one (or two) stop shop for all things cycling.
We are proud to stock some of the worlds leading bike brands such as:
- Cube - German bike brand that have quickly become one of the biggest brands in the UK. With a huge range of bikes in all catagories - hardtail, full sus, road, hybrid, e-bikes, childrens - there's a bike for everyone. We’re one of a small number of Cube specialists to be selected as a CubeLife dealer as recognition of our brand knowledge and the extensive range available in store.
- Trek - US bike brand with great heritage that has been established for over 30 years. Trek frames come with a lifetime warranty and are well-know for being leaders in design and innovation. Their Project One concept also means you can make adjustments to specification and adjust frame colour and design. Trek is only available in store to ensure the best-fit frame for you.
- Frog - Lightweight kids bikes manufactured in the UK. Frog bikes are designed with kids in mind - offering a wide range of sizes and colours. Frog offer a unique crank design, from a Team GB Bike engineer that reduces the space between the pedals, making it easier for kids to cycles. There extensive range includes balance bikes, lightweight all-terrain/hybrid bikes for all ages, road racing bikes as well as a range of super-light high-spec mountain bikes.
- Raleigh - Almost everyone has owned a Raleigh at some point in their lives, known for their solid build quality and excellent value for money. We particularly like their junior bikes, adult leisure & town bikes.
- Mongoose - Its origins go way back to the beginning of BMX in the eighties as one of the must have bikes, they continue to produce some great value for money BMX bikes.
- Electra - A stylish, cool and contemporary US brand that offer a wide range of dutch bikes, cruisers and commuting bikes for men, women and children. If you're looking for comfort and function, Electra is definitely worth a look.